POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Hardcore povrayer test Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:19:17 EDT (-0400)
  Hardcore povrayer test (Message 47 to 56 of 66)
From: Alan Kong
Subject: Re: Comparing v3.0 and v3.1 official docs
Date: 17 Jun 1999 17:00:00
Message: <376c59b3.120374550@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 17 Jun 1999 16:57:28 +0200, Marc Schimmler
<sch### [at] icauni-stuttgartde> wrote:

>I printed out both manuals and when I started
>to do the 3.1 stuff I first tried to do it with these declarations at
>the beginning of each section and really disliked them. They way the
>language has been presented in the 3.0 docs I personally found much
>easier...

  I can't remember what the differences are. I will check some CD-ROMs for
the v3.0 docs as I don't have them on my system any longer. If you can
recall offhand without having to turn it into a research project what are
some sections from the older doc that I can compare with v3.1 version
(dependent on whether I can find the older version laying around)?

> ...(and that only a matter of the format).

  Do you mean the doc's file format (.html, .pdf, Word, Windows Help) or
something else? I just want to make sure I'm on the same wavelength as
everyone else <s>.

--
Alan
news.povray.org - where POV-Ray enthusiasts around the world can get