POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Hardcore povrayer test : Re: Comparing v3.0 and v3.1 official docs Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:26:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Comparing v3.0 and v3.1 official docs
From: Jeff Lee
Date: 18 Jun 1999 12:44:11
Message: <376a775b@news.povray.org>
ako### [at] pacbellnet (Alan Kong) wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Jun 1999 04:22:08 -0700, Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:
>
> > The content appears to be the same only the format has changed. I believe
> >we discussed this in .general a while back didn't we ?
>
>   We discussed the way we could no longer traverse the entire docs by paging
> down continuously. Just wanted to hear if there was something else that was
> lacking...

If we're speaking of the PDF version, the fact that the index doesn't
have hot links to the content is a minor annoyance for me.

(I don't know about the Windows version of the Acrobat Reader, but under
OS/2, it can be set to default to continuous rather than single pages,
so it *is* possible to page down continuously through the docs.)

--
Jeff Lee         shi### [at] gatenet         http://www.gate.net/~shipbrk/