POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Text on a elastic band, how? Server Time
25 May 2024 13:37:14 EDT (-0400)
  Text on a elastic band, how? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Bernd Michler
Subject: Text on a elastic band, how?
Date: 3 Feb 2004 03:34:33
Message: <401f5d19@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I would place a text to a elastic band, but I don't know how.

The text should placed to a cylinder and my problem is that the text is in a
horizontal level and I don't know how
it can place it to form from the cylinder. How can i do that?
Sure I can place for every char a text field and can it place with rotate to
the right position, but that is a lot of work and I think it can be easier
but I don't know how.

Post a reply to this message

Take a look at the thread above, "Ingo's Make Mesh include with udo
support". it tells how to do just that.
Steve Shelby

"Bernd Michler" <mb### [at] anti-trojannet> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I would place a text to a elastic band, but I don't know how.
>
> The text should placed to a cylinder and my problem is that the text is in
> horizontal level and I don't know how
> it can place it to form from the cylinder. How can i do that?
> Sure I can place for every char a text field and can it place with rotate
> the right position, but that is a lot of work and I think it can be easier
> but I don't know how.

Post a reply to this message

I think I may have given you the wrong advise, unless you are wanting to
create raised or recessed text. For regular text that is simply a different
color from its background, you need to create a graphics file (.bmp,.jpg,
etc.) and use it as an image map (Marerial / standard texture / pigment /
image map).
"Bernd Michler" <mb### [at] anti-trojannet> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I would place a text to a elastic band, but I don't know how.
>
> The text should placed to a cylinder and my problem is that the text is in
> horizontal level and I don't know how
> it can place it to form from the cylinder. How can i do that?
> Sure I can place for every char a text field and can it place with rotate
> the right position, but that is a lot of work and I think it can be easier
> but I don't know how.

Post a reply to this message

Do you want to place just a flat image of text on the cylinder? Or do
you want to do CSG, i.e. cut it out of the cylinder? You could CSG a
cylinder with the text and then the text will scale with the cylinder.
If you want the text vertical, simply rotate it by 90 about the Y-axis
before attaching to the CSG....

If I'm not understanding, please describe it in more detail or with an
example....

- Lutz

> I would place a text to a elastic band, but I don't know how.
>
> The text should placed to a cylinder and my problem is that the text is in a
> horizontal level and I don't know how
> it can place it to form from the cylinder. How can i do that?
> Sure I can place for every char a text field and can it place with rotate to
> the right position, but that is a lot of work and I think it can be easier
> but I don't know how.

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray

Post a reply to this message

oder halt das wenn ich einen Text in meine Szene setze die einzelnen

Bernd