POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Text on a elastic band, how? : Re: Text on a elastic band, how? Server Time
17 Jun 2024 02:03:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Text on a elastic band, how?
From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 4 Feb 2004 00:52:26
Message: <mo1120150qqpscm8s8d5hqhcq6olvldajs@4ax.com>
Hi Bernd,

Do you want to place just a flat image of text on the cylinder? Or do
you want to do CSG, i.e. cut it out of the cylinder? You could CSG a
cylinder with the text and then the text will scale with the cylinder.
If you want the text vertical, simply rotate it by 90 about the Y-axis
before attaching to the CSG....

If I'm not understanding, please describe it in more detail or with an
example....

- Lutz

> I would place a text to a elastic band, but I don't know how.
>
> The text should placed to a cylinder and my problem is that the text is in a
> horizontal level and I don't know how
> it can place it to form from the cylinder. How can i do that?
> Sure I can place for every char a text field and can it place with rotate to
> the right position, but that is a lot of work and I think it can be easier
> but I don't know how.

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray