POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Orientation of text in Moray Server Time
8 Jul 2024 07:51:23 EDT (-0400)
  Orientation of text in Moray (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: sshelby
Subject: Orientation of text in Moray
Date: 16 Jun 2001 10:00:52
Message: <3b2b6694$1@news.povray.org>
Why does Moray put text in so that it is facing up, instead of facing the
front view? Every time I put text in a scene I have to rotate it -90x, which
makes any later manipulation is more complicated, since it is not starting
at zero. Is there any way to make text appear the right way (that is, facing
the front view, rotation 0,0,0) to begin with?
Thank you,
Steve Shelby

Post a reply to this message

On Sat, 16 Jun 2001 21:01:24 -0500, sshelby wrote...
> Why does Moray put text in so that it is facing up, instead of facing the
> front view? Every time I put text in a scene I have to rotate it -90x, which
> makes any later manipulation is more complicated, since it is not starting
> at zero. Is there any way to make text appear the right way (that is, facing
> the front view, rotation 0,0,0) to begin with?
> Thank you,

Well not automatically, but...

You create your text object.

Select it.