POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : How do I do this? Server Time
8 Jul 2024 07:55:16 EDT (-0400)
  How do I do this? (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Andrew Hutchinson
Subject: How do I do this?
Date: 7 Jun 2001 22:34:50
Message: <3B203994.7A204225@notathome.com>
I'm trying to create model of baseball.

I worked out a way of creating interlocked halves but can't figure a way
of getting the stitching right.

I got close by using Rhino's "baseball sphere" and then using curve edge
to extrude curve into surface but the "baseball" shape is all wrong

I have Moray and Rhino and 3DS. The best attempt cheats using material
maps on plain ball but I reaaly want a solid. Anyway the material map is
awful to do as I don't have a graphic program than can create an array
of images (stitches) following a line/curve.

Ideas?

Post a reply to this message