POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : sweeps and bezier patches Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:20:37 EDT (-0400)
  sweeps and bezier patches (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Stan
Subject: sweeps and bezier patches
Date: 14 Aug 2000 15:34:42
Message: <399849BE.A876AD55@earthlink.net>
1. Can I do a sweep on a 3D object in Moray 3.2? Ex: rotational sweep on
a cube around the axis which is the longest line segment that can fit
inside it cube.

2. The bezier patch has control points outside the mesh, so how is it
not qualified as a NURBS? Just because it's a surface?

3. Some modelers let you make polylines/splines and 2D shapes that you
can use as paths and cross-sections for elaborate sweeps and extrusions.
Ex: sweeping a circle perpendicular to a circular path creates a torus.
Programs also offer morphing to make a pipe whose cross-section turns
from circular to square. Moray doesn't offer too many 2D shapes, except
infinite planes and disks. Can I do sweeps along a path in Moray?

4. If I want to do an origami-like model, how do I specify properties of
paper? i.e. Paper folds perpendicular to straight creases. Bezier
patches behave more like rubber. What should I do?

Post a reply to this message