POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : sweeps and bezier patches : Re: sweeps and bezier patches Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:32:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sweeps and bezier patches
From: Halbert
Date: 14 Aug 2000 18:50:57
Message: <399877d1$1@news.povray.org>
> 2. The bezier patch has control points outside the mesh, so how is it
> not qualified as a NURBS? Just because it's a surface?

Correct me if I am wrong( and I very well could be.) I think that a bezier
patch is a uniform rational surface in that the contol points all have the
same weight. In a NURBS surface the control points can have different
weights and one point may affect the shape of the curve more than others. Of
coarse, I am not the expert. I'll bet Warp would know.