POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : sweeps and bezier patches : Re: sweeps and bezier patches Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:24:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sweeps and bezier patches
From: ryan constantine
Date: 14 Aug 2000 18:00:32
Message: <39986BE9.2B9DBFC6@yahoo.com>
moray can do some of what you want, but it's difficult in the current
version.  you may want to try spatch instead and then export to moray.
in spatch you can do sweeps of splines (including circles to make your
torus) and while it wouldn't be called morphing, you could make a pipe
go from circle to square as long as you made both with the same number
of points.  hopefully somewhere down the road moray will include a patch
modeller like spatch since in my opinion it doesn't look like it would
be too hard to make.  hamapatch is also out there but has varying
stability from release to release (i.e. not all the bugs are out).  no
pov modeller can do solid (3d) sweeps.  i also hope that down the road
moray will include a mesh modeller as well.