POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : copies, referrences, and texture space pie Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:28:58 EDT (-0400)
  copies, referrences, and texture space pie (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: ryan constantine
Subject: copies, referrences, and texture space pie
Date: 9 Jul 2000 16:44:48
Message: <3968E3EC.50C90B5C@yahoo.com>
i'm wondering how to go about making several of the same object, but
with each having its own version of the original texture.  all i've
tried so far is to make a copy of the first object, and then translate
the texture wireframe of the highest objects that had textures.  it
doesn't seem to work, but while the numbers in the texture translation
boxes changed, it didn't even look to me as though the wireframe moved
at all.  i'm wondering if having the object frozen had anything to do
with it even though the texture space wasn't frozen.

also, does a referrenced object have its own texture space?  in which
case, could i just referrence the object?  i can't use world space for
the textures, because in an animation, when the object moves, the
texture changes.  any ideas anyone?

Post a reply to this message