POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Moray 3.2 (POVRAY 3.1) convertors Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:13:06 EDT (-0400)
  Moray 3.2 (POVRAY 3.1) convertors (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Kevin Gahagan
Subject: Moray 3.2 (POVRAY 3.1) convertors
Date: 8 Jun 2000 18:28:10
Message: <39401dfa@news.povray.org>
Does anyone know of a convertor to import the latest version mdl or pov/inc
files and export into wml 3ds etc?

Why doesn't Moray have any export features?

Kevin

Post a reply to this message

From: ryan constantine
Subject: Re: Moray 3.2 (POVRAY 3.1) convertors
Date: 8 Jun 2000 19:10:12
Message: <39402834.A036599@yahoo.com>
as of now they can't be exported because they aren't tesselated.  don't
ask me what that is.  it'd take to long to explain.  but, rumor has it
that pov 4.0 which should come out next year may have internal
tesselation and make exporting possible.  i don't know about that
though.  and since v4.0 is also supposed to be a switch from c to c++,
i'm sure they pov team has quite a full plate.

Kevin Gahagan wrote:

> Does anyone know of a convertor to import the latest version mdl or pov/inc
> files and export into wml 3ds etc?
>
> Why doesn't Moray have any export features?
>
> Kevin

Post a reply to this message

Hey, if you want to tesselate them yourself inside the exporter, go ahead. As it
is, there is an exporter to RIB, courtesy of Xander.

--
" The twentieth century has been characterized by three developments of great
political importance: the growth of democracy, the growth of corporate power, and

                                                      Alex Carey, author

Post a reply to this message