POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Moray 3.2 (POVRAY 3.1) convertors : Re: Moray 3.2 (POVRAY 3.1) convertors Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:32:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moray 3.2 (POVRAY 3.1) convertors
From: Peter Popov
Date: 9 Jun 2000 00:17:40
Message: <a6s0ksk8btlkisljq5nc08bekhh7gvcdra@4ax.com>
On Thu, 08 Jun 2000 16:11:48 -0700, ryan constantine
<rco### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

>as of now they can't be exported because they aren't tesselated.  don't
>ask me what that is.  it'd take to long to explain.  but, rumor has it
>that pov 4.0 which should come out next year may have internal
>tesselation and make exporting possible.

There were a few public discussions about it iirc but I don't recall
anyone coming up with a working, non-patented solution (except for
something called 'marching octahedrons' similar to the 'marching
cubes' algorithm which is patented) nor do I recall the Team
announcing any plans for 4.0 regarding tesselation.

Then again, that's what rumors are for :) Just don't start believing
them :))

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] usanet