POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : inverse kinematics Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:26:00 EDT (-0400)
  inverse kinematics (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: ryan constantine
Subject: inverse kinematics
Date: 22 Apr 2000 01:50:10
Message: <39013E24.8B08E111@yahoo.com>
question:  given two telescoping arms and a pivot between them, is there
a way to fix the ends of the arms and only move the pivot?

[]-------0----[]

[]----0-------[]

[]    --[]
 \  --
  0-

    --  /
      -0

etc.

where [] are fixed and 0 is the pivot and - or \ is a telescoping arm

also is there a way to make circular IK relationships (ie a triangle or
a square with one fixed point; or a triangle where one arm is longer
than the triangle?)

Post a reply to this message