POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : inverse kinematics : Re: inverse kinematics Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:27:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: inverse kinematics
From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 3 May 2000 05:27:12
Message: <35svgs4pp8gsp74dabribmte263j8bmqn3@4ax.com>
Hi Johannes Hubert, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> workaround idea: duplicate the end-object (the "0" in your "image") and
> create two telescopic arms (one from the left, one from the right) that
> each "end" in one of those "0"s. Then just translate both "0"s to the
> same position, and mark only one of them for export.
Yes, this is a good idea. I also thought about letting Moray do this
by making the second copy a reference. So when you move the original,
the reference moves with it anyway, but at the moment it doesn't
realize it is at the end of an IK chain. Maybe next version will
support this....
- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray