POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : S curve cylinder Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:24:56 EDT (-0400)
  S curve cylinder (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: dcc
Subject: S curve cylinder
Date: 6 Mar 2000 22:01:19
Message: <38c470ff$1@news.povray.org>
I am trying to make a S curve cylinder with a bezier patch. It is not smooth
or easy to manipulate. I also tried in spatch without much success. Any
suggestions?

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Subject: Re: S curve cylinder
Date: 6 Mar 2000 22:52:33
Message: <38C47BDF.A257F5B9@pacbell.net>
dcc wrote:

> I am trying to make a S curve cylinder with a bezier patch. It is not smooth
> or easy to manipulate. I also tried in spatch without much success. Any
> suggestions?

Sections of CSG'd tori ?

From: dcc
Date: 7 Mar 2000 17:35:23
Message: <38c5842b@news.povray.org>
I haven't tried that yet.   I suspect that it would make the smoothest
curves, but I was hopping to avoid piecing things together. I guess creating
a s curve is just a matter of code in pov-ray.

oh well. I prefer the GUI environment of moray.

Ken wrote in message <38C47BDF.A257F5B9@pacbell.net>...

>dcc wrote:
>>
>> I am trying to make a S curve cylinder with a bezier patch. It is not
smooth
>> or easy to manipulate. I also tried in spatch without much success. Any
>> suggestions?
>
>Sections of CSG'd tori ?
>
>--
>Ken Tyler -  1300+ Povray, Graphics, 3D Rendering, and Raytracing Links:
>http://home.pacbell.net/tylereng/index.html http://www.povray.org/links/

Post a reply to this message