POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Advice on Physical Light Sources Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:12:36 EDT (-0400)
  Advice on Physical Light Sources (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Robert Leahey
Subject: Advice on Physical Light Sources
Date: 18 Feb 2000 09:26:01
Message: <38ad5679@news.povray.org>
Greetings,

My apologies if this is a frequent topic, but I could use some advice or
some direction on creating a visible light source (not sure what to call
it). Imagine, if you will, seeing a car at night - how do I model the
headlights so that they both interact with the scene and appear to the eye
as an object? Another example is an aircraft's navigation lights. I want to
see the actual light bulb, if you will.

Thank you.

-----
Robert Leahey
Digital Metaphors Corporation
rob### [at] digital-metaphorscom
http://www.digital-metaphors.com

Post a reply to this message

Create the bulb as an object with "no-shadow" and give it a texture with
ambient 1. Put the lightsource inside of the bulb. (You can group or
union them).
Or don't use a lightsource and use radiosity instead.

Johannes.

"Robert Leahey" <rob### [at] digital-metaphorscom> wrote in message
> Greetings,
>
> My apologies if this is a frequent topic, but I could use some advice
or
> some direction on creating a visible light source (not sure what to
call
> it). Imagine, if you will, seeing a car at night - how do I model the
> headlights so that they both interact with the scene and appear to the
eye
> as an object? Another example is an aircraft's navigation lights. I
want to
> see the actual light bulb, if you will.
>
> Thank you.
>
> -----
> Robert Leahey
> Digital Metaphors Corporation
> rob### [at] digital-metaphorscom
> http://www.digital-metaphors.com

Post a reply to this message

if you want a real headache try modelling an enclosed space - like an open
plan offlice building, no thats a nightmare to light !!

Rick