POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : VRML, anyone? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:21:56 EDT (-0400)
  VRML, anyone? (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Ben Hamatake
Subject: VRML, anyone?
Date: 27 Jan 2000 00:07:38
Message: <388FE2F6.482C@softhome.net>
Okay, I've been looking for a full week for something that I need and
I've come to this conclusion:  Moray was made to, at whatever cost, NOT
comply with anything close to VRML.  PLEASE HELP!!  Is there any export
plug-in to directly export from Moray to VRML, or perhaps from Moray to
ANY other 3D file type?  I've downloaded about every 3D file conversion
program, VRML editor, and other junk from all over the world.  The best
setup I've found is to design in Breeze, copy textures from the Moray
material editor, then export from Breeze to VRML.  It would be so much
easier and would produce such better quality  VRML to just take it
straight from Moray.  Thanks for all your time (if you read this far).

Ben Hamatake
ben### [at] softhomenet

Post a reply to this message

might be possable as an export plugin or, how close is normal pov script to
vrml? - maytbe a pov converter would be an idea

Rick

"Ben Hamatake" <ham### [at] trilobytenet> wrote in message
news:388### [at] softhomenet...
> Okay, I've been looking for a full week for something that I need and
> I've come to this conclusion:  Moray was made to, at whatever cost, NOT
> comply with anything close to VRML.  PLEASE HELP!!  Is there any export
> plug-in to directly export from Moray to VRML, or perhaps from Moray to
> ANY other 3D file type?  I've downloaded about every 3D file conversion
> program, VRML editor, and other junk from all over the world.  The best
> setup I've found is to design in Breeze, copy textures from the Moray
> material editor, then export from Breeze to VRML.  It would be so much
> easier and would produce such better quality  VRML to just take it
> straight from Moray.  Thanks for all your time (if you read this far).
>
> Ben Hamatake
> ben### [at] softhomenet

Post a reply to this message

> might be possable as an export plugin or, how close is normal pov script to
> vrml? - maytbe a pov converter would be an idea

Naw- if you know your stuff, and export plugin would be a LOT easier- you don't
have to parse anything.

> Rick
>
> "Ben Hamatake" <ham### [at] trilobytenet> wrote in message
> news:388### [at] softhomenet...
> > Okay, I've been looking for a full week for something that I need and
> > I've come to this conclusion:  Moray was made to, at whatever cost, NOT
> > comply with anything close to VRML.  PLEASE HELP!!  Is there any export
> > plug-in to directly export from Moray to VRML, or perhaps from Moray to
> > ANY other 3D file type?  I've downloaded about every 3D file conversion
> > program, VRML editor, and other junk from all over the world.  The best
> > setup I've found is to design in Breeze, copy textures from the Moray
> > material editor, then export from Breeze to VRML.  It would be so much
> > easier and would produce such better quality  VRML to just take it
> > straight from Moray.  Thanks for all your time (if you read this far).

Dunno whether VRML handles primitives, so I don't know about a VRML export.
Anyway, Xander is working on a RIB export, and it works very well(I have no
idea when it'll be public), but its missing many major primitives that
Moray/POV-Ray support(but hey, its RIB! It handles a ton of stuff MOray and
POV-Ray don't support). Anyway, it seems to work fairly well, so other export
plugins might also work. Additionally, I've found a program on the POV-Ray
links server that'll convert RIB to DXF.

--
You Know You've Been Raytracing Too Long When:
 You really respect that big guy who modeled all the great animated scenery

multiprocessor machine to make quality animation at realtime. Then someone says
that
this guy, his machine and maybe the scene is one thing...
Produced by Alex Magidow's Sig File Randomizer(YKYBRTTL jokes courtesy of
c.g.r.raytracing)

Post a reply to this message