POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : VRML, anyone? : Re: VRML, anyone? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:35:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: VRML, anyone?
From: Rick [Kitty5]
Date: 28 Jan 2000 05:12:01
Message: <38916b71@news.povray.org>
> > might be possable as an export plugin or, how close is normal pov script
> > vrml? - maytbe a pov converter would be an idea
> >

> Naw- if you know your stuff, and export plugin would be a LOT easier- you
don't
> have to parse anything.

if POV script is so un intellagable that only people and povray can make any
sence of it then maybe its time the script was reworked!

maybe a concerted effort to create reliable biniary format would be an idea,
povray first compiling the script then rendering, that way povray itself
could export a binary format

creating in povray is becomming to much of a one way process, and i think is
seriously hampering the uptake of of our favorite raytracer, the inability
to get hours of work in pov to anything else is a very serious issue that
needs adressing

Rick