POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Future of Moray/POVray Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:25:06 EDT (-0400)
  Future of Moray/POVray (Message 1 to 10 of 26)
From: Simon de Vet
Subject: Future of Moray/POVray
Date: 1 Dec 1999 21:26:22
Message: <3845D901.F61CF642@istar.ca>
Where will the pair be going in the future?

I imagine that if the project is not abandoned, they will continue to
grow closer and closer. Eventually (in a far future?) it would be
possible to use one program with the ease of use and visualization of
Moray, and all the scripting power of straight pov code.

In an ideal world, the end product would be a renderer that is a good
tool for the most diehard POVer, but also something a complete newbie
can jump into and feel comfortable.

Ah well... it's a nice dream. Every step Moray takes is one step closer
to realising the dream.

Post a reply to this message

Perhaps we ought to consider making Moray more general- its current
abilities to export
only to POV-Ray hamper its success. Moray is possible the BEST SOLIDS
MODELER available for the price. As such, it would be nice if it could
export to other renderers that accept solids(BMRT...) so that it would
become a bit more portable, and reach a larger audience(read customer
base).

--
The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Post a reply to this message