POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Animation Plugin Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:29:43 EDT (-0400)
  Animation Plugin (Message 11 to 20 of 29)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 9 Messages >>>
From: Ken
Subject: Re: Animation Plugin
Date: 25 Jan 2000 03:17:32
Message: <388D5B5F.CE762AAB@pacbell.net>
Alexander Enzmann wrote:

> What is cyclic?  You can always copy the first key to the end of the
> animation.  In the long run I'd like to do the MAX thing where you can
> define out of range functions that allow a couple of different types of
> cycling.
>
> Xander

From the POV-Ray docs -

Cyclic Animation

Cyclic_Animation=bool	Turn cyclic animation on/off
+KC	Turn cyclic animation on
-KC	Turn cyclic animation off

Many computer animation sequences are designed to be run in a continuous
loop. Suppose you have an object that rotates exactly 360 degrees over the
course of your animation and you did rotate 360*clock*y to do so. Both the
first and last frames would be identical. Upon playback there would be a
brief one frame jerkiness. To eliminate this problem you need to adjust the
clock so that the last frame does not match the first. For example a ten
frame cyclic animation should not use clock 0.0 to 1.0. It should run from
0.0 to 0.9 in 0.1 increments. However if you change to 20 frames it should
run from 0.0 to 0.95 in 0.05 increments. This complicates things because
you would have to change the final clock value every time you changed
Final_Frame. Setting Cyclic_Animation=on or using +KC will cause POV-Ray
to automatically adjust the final clock value for cyclic animation
regardless of how many total frames. The default value for this setting
is off.