POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Animation Plugin : Re: Animation Plugin Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:32:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation Plugin
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 14 Feb 2000 11:40:13
Message: <38a82fed@news.povray.org>
Sounds like program bugs to me anyway  :-)

Could it be that the keyframes only go from 0 to 1 in a clock cycle for the
total set number of frames and so it causes problems because of that?

I had tried increasing the total number of frames incrementally and then doing
another keyframing for each.  It turns out just like if you were to set multiple
keyframes within one set of total frames (in other words I was going back and
resetting the number of frames after each successive keyframe change).
Anyhow, both ways produce a flawed animation.  Only way I could do it right was
to Delete/Scene at the end of each keyframing change and animate again (after
setting up another animation), renaming each previous Avi sequence so as not to
overwrite it, then splice all of them together later in VidEdit.

I didn't see anything wrong as long as there were no in-between keyframes,
unlike what Alex has said here.  If I moved the slider to the last frame and set
the object there only then all was fine.  When I tried more than one keyframe in
one animation sequence then it broke the movement.

Hope that explains better what I was trying to say.  Still, it might not be a
bug after all since it does work for one uninterrupted keyframe animation.

Bob