POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Udo's...how can I make them into CSG's? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:27:24 EDT (-0400)
  Udo's...how can I make them into CSG's? (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Dan
Subject: Udo's...how can I make them into CSG's?
Date: 4 May 1999 01:13:47
Message: <372E74F5.26BF640@earthlink.net>
Greetings all,

I'm trying to create a trophy with engraved lettering on it.  Simple
enough, right?  Create the trophy (done), create the script (done), and
make a CSG differencing the script from the trophy.  Except - I made the
trophy in another program and imported it into Moray...and Moray will
apparently not allow me to create a CSG from a UDO...

Of course, I could try to recreate the trophy in Moray, but I would like
to avoid that if possible...

Any suggestions welcome!  Thanks for your time.

Dan

Post a reply to this message

> I'm trying to create a trophy with engraved lettering on it.  Simple
> enough, right?  Create the trophy (done), create the script (done), and
> make a CSG differencing the script from the trophy.  Except - I made the
> trophy in another program and imported it into Moray...and Moray will
> apparently not allow me to create a CSG from a UDO...
>
> Of course, I could try to recreate the trophy in Moray, but I would like
> to avoid that if possible...
>
> Any suggestions welcome!  Thanks for your time.
>
> Dan

  I would presume the udo is a representation of a mesh object. Mesh objects
are not allowed in any csg operation except for the union operation. You
will either have to reconstruct it using Pov primiatives or try differencing
your script from a flat box or something similar and attach it as a plaque
or some similar senario.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net