POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : L-Systems Help! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:27:30 EDT (-0400)
  L-Systems Help! (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Thomas Lake
Subject: L-Systems Help!
Date: 23 Mar 1999 02:43:20
Message: <36F74705.ABAC4A9A@home.com>
Hi

I have been reading the posts about TreeDesigner and L-Parser. I too
think that a melding of the two would be great, perhaps you could also
had a hint of Onyx's Tree Profestional!! However I have struggled for a
long time to figure out L-Parsers language. Through a lot ot trial and
error I was eventually able to figure out bits and pieces of it and even
created a small, ugly, tree with some leaves. However I still don't
really understand l-systems could someone please post an explanation of
how to create things, plants tree ect.., in L-Parser and especially is
language. Or point me to a tutorial. I find that documentation and
tutorials are sourly lacking for L-Parser.

Post a reply to this message

> I have been reading the posts about TreeDesigner and L-Parser. I too
> think that a melding of the two would be great, perhaps you could also
> had a hint of Onyx's Tree Profestional!! However I have struggled for a
> long time to figure out L-Parsers language. Through a lot ot trial and
> error I was eventually able to figure out bits and pieces of it and even
> created a small, ugly, tree with some leaves. However I still don't
> really understand l-systems could someone please post an explanation of
> how to create things, plants tree ect.., in L-Parser and especially is
> language. Or point me to a tutorial. I find that documentation and
> tutorials are sourly lacking for L-Parser.

Lparser trees tutorial at:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~cvdmark/tutor.html

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net

Post a reply to this message

Also, you might want to note this advice: If you want to avoid seeing teh
cylinders in the trunk, or the first parts of the tree, just keep the basic
angle to about 10 degrees...and never change thickness by more than .9 at a
time, until you get to the further brances...I'll post some code up here this
afternoon, commented and everything, if you like. I just recently discovered
them, so I'm just learning.

How did you do leaves, anyhow?

Ken wrote:

> Thomas Lake wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > I have been reading the posts about TreeDesigner and L-Parser. I too
> > think that a melding of the two would be great, perhaps you could also
> > had a hint of Onyx's Tree Profestional!! However I have struggled for a
> > long time to figure out L-Parsers language. Through a lot ot trial and
> > error I was eventually able to figure out bits and pieces of it and even
> > created a small, ugly, tree with some leaves. However I still don't
> > really understand l-systems could someone please post an explanation of
> > how to create things, plants tree ect.., in L-Parser and especially is
> > language. Or point me to a tutorial. I find that documentation and
> > tutorials are sourly lacking for L-Parser.
>
> Lparser trees tutorial at:
>
> http://www.xs4all.nl/~cvdmark/tutor.html
>
> --
> Ken Tyler
>
> mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net

--
Only I can prevent narcissism!

Post a reply to this message

Which part of lparser are you finding hard to deal with, anyway? If I have
specific info, I can tailor a tutorial to your needs. The one shown on Ken's
link is pretty thorough(its also included in the standard Lparser
distribution, as tutorial.txt.