POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Throughly Clueless Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:26:40 EDT (-0400)
  Throughly Clueless (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Steven Kroeger
Subject: Throughly Clueless
Date: 8 Apr 1998 02:35:23
Message: <352B1AAB.CAF9F0D6@interquest.de>
I'm not having any luck with making halos. I've included an earlier
posting by  Johannes Hubert on how do it and how I've followed these
directions. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong or just not doing?

In short:Create an object that is to contain the halo.
---1 each cylinder scaled x,10  y,10  z,1 rotated x,90 and placed in the

background with a light behind it.

Make it "hollow"(and everything else that contains the object, including

the
ground-plane if you have one).
---Its the only thing but I made everything hollow just incase (just the

cylinder at first then everything).

Create a texture, add a halo component to it, adjust the parameters of
the halo component as you need them, assign this texture to the object.
---Okay this is where its gets trick for me. I made a texture and
assigned a halo to it but I'm not getting anything when I render the
picture. At first I just assigned the halo and got nothing but a black
sphere when i previewed it. I then added a solid color (white) pigment
to it and made it 100% tranparent (I don't want to see the cylinder just

the halo) and I get nothing at all when rendered. I've played around
with the type, function, mapping and all the other attributes and so far

can't even get a hint of a halo.

Voila!
---Not yet but soon hopefully.

Please help.