POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Throughly Clueless : Re: Throughly Clueless Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:26:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Throughly Clueless
From: Ingo Guenther
Date: 9 Apr 1998 18:46:13
Message: <352D4FB5.B192539E@netcologne.de>
Hello!

> > This thread is yet another that showes the great need for enhanced documentation.
> Well, part of the problem is to seperate where is it a POV-Ray problem
> and where is it a Moray problem. Apart from the bug about constant not
> being exported, it isn't really part of Moray's job to document how
> halos work.

100 % agree. Would be the same to force any company producing a compiler for a special
programming language to add a 'new user quick learn' tutorial to the language too.If
someone knows how to handle *.POV files by hand (or brain) and is able to read the PoV
docs, he/she will (of course) find some features not implemented in Moray, but never
ask for a good documentation.

> But I do agree that a simple tutorial about creating one
> would help here. Unfortunately there are only so many hours to a day
> and so many things to do.

:)Keep working on the next version.
The ones complaining about the missing docs are (most probably) not the ones buying
the

next update... ;)

BTW: Thanx for this one...