POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Before and After and new website Server Time
29 Mar 2024 11:59:37 EDT (-0400)
  Before and After and new website (Message 11 to 20 of 62)
From: Mike the Elder
Subject: Re: Before and After and new website
Date: 2 May 2007 09:15:01
Message: <web.46388e4662a9bf119cf0aa370@news.povray.org>
"milco2006" <mil### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> However to get the longer shadows and more pleasing lighting it became hard
> to see the fractal. In the slight rush of exams and the approaching
> deadline I played with it but failed to fix it hence its near invisiblness.
> Any suggestions on an easy fix would be appreciated.

This is probably considered "cheating" by simulation purists, but one handy

texture for the object in question, in this case the fractal, in which the
ambient component of the finish is turned down really low and the diffuse
component is turned up high.  It also usually helps to use only the amount
of reflection that is necessary and no more.  Additionally, if phong is

effect.  I hope this helps.

Regards,
-Mike C.

Post a reply to this message