POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Before and After and new website : Re: Before and After and new website Server Time
28 Apr 2024 15:47:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Before and After and new website
From: Mike the Elder
Date: 2 May 2007 09:15:01
Message: <web.46388e4662a9bf119cf0aa370@news.povray.org>
"milco2006" <mil### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> However to get the longer shadows and more pleasing lighting it became hard
> to see the fractal. In the slight rush of exams and the approaching
> deadline I played with it but failed to fix it hence its near invisiblness.
> Any suggestions on an easy fix would be appreciated.

This is probably considered "cheating" by simulation purists, but one handy

texture for the object in question, in this case the fractal, in which the
ambient component of the finish is turned down really low and the diffuse
component is turned up high.  It also usually helps to use only the amount
of reflection that is necessary and no more.  Additionally, if phong is

effect.  I hope this helps.

Regards,
-Mike C.