POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Before and After and new website : Re: Before and After and new website Server Time
29 Apr 2024 02:35:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Before and After and new website
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 3 May 2007 07:56:00
Message: <4639cdd0$1@news.povray.org>
"Mike the Elder" <zer### [at] wyanorg> schreef in bericht
> Comments for TC-RTC March/April 2007
> "Before & After"
>

> "A Time of Change" by Thomas de Groot
> Once again, you have demonstrated that you one of the (if not THE) premier
> story tellers of our group.  I really wish Poser were a better program so
> that its figures might do justice to the excellent work you do by way of
> giving your characters life and personality.  As you can tell, I'm still
> not a Poser fan, but I truly admire the job you do in transcending its
> limitations.  Congratulations on another great entry.

oh, hum... <grin>  thank you indeed, Mike! I like stories indeed, and this
one turned out pretty well I believe.
I agree about Poser, but I must say that the program is becoming better (I
think) especially where skin textures are concerned. There is work to do on
the hair, especially on the strand-based ones which do not export properly
to Poseray/Pov-Ray, although FlyerX has started working on that I think. I
need to experiment a lot more with Poser yet before I can say that I
'dominate' the program. Clothing is the present challenge I am tackling, as
this is one of the poorest issues of Poser. Most clothing is really not
suitable for an average scene. It seems that the Poser world (and Daz world
even more so) is only partying and living in the Game Zone. That is not my
cup of tea.

Thomas