POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : oh my... Server Time
28 Apr 2024 18:53:32 EDT (-0400)
  oh my... (Message 5 to 14 of 14)
From: Hildur K
Subject: Re: oh my...
Date: 21 Jun 2009 14:40:00
Message: <web.4a3e7ddd539f2e94906689d0@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mcavoysAT@aolDOTcom> wrote:
If the OS on the HD is goosed the data might be
> available using a USB HD adaptor

I always keep my data on several different partitions within the same drive,
just in case the OS goes. Then I can just re-install the OS and everything is
still there, except the programs of course. A simple precaution everybody
should consider.

motherboard or RAM failure.

Thanks anyway.

Hildur

Post a reply to this message

>If the OS on the HD is goosed the data might be
>> available using a USB HD adaptor
>
>I always keep my data on several different partitions within the same drive,
>just in case the OS goes. Then I can just re-install the OS and everything is
>still there, except the programs of course. A simple precaution everybody
>should consider.

Seconded but a few months ago I used Vista's Startup repair (I think that it was
that one) and it reformated my HD. Fortunatly I had backed up all my data. It
did mean reinstalling the OS and all the programmes I use. Drat!

>motherboard or RAM failure.

POST failure :(

This might help fault finding (trouble shooting if you speak American :) )
http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> Seconded but a few months ago I used Vista's Startup repair (I think that it was
> that one) and it reformated my HD. Fortunatly I had backed up all my data. It
> did mean reinstalling the OS and all the programmes I use. Drat!

you a warning, do they? I usually build my systems and install the OS manually.
Then it is me who is in control.

> This might help fault finding (trouble shooting if you speak American :) )
> http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm

Thanks! This is actually a very good link. :-) Might help me figure out if I can
save this one. Or at least let me boot one more time.

Post a reply to this message

> > Seconded but a few months ago I used Vista's Startup repair (I think that it was
> > that one) and it reformated my HD. Fortunatly I had backed up all my data. It
> > did mean reinstalling the OS and all the programmes I use. Drat!
>

> you a warning, do they? I usually build my systems and install the OS manually.
> Then it is me who is in control.
>

> > This might help fault finding (trouble shooting if you speak American :) )
> > http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm
>
> Thanks! This is actually a very good link. :-) Might help me figure out if I can
> save this one. Or at least let me boot one more time.

I hope that it does.

Stephen

Post a reply to this message