POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : oh my... : Re: oh my... Server Time
28 Apr 2024 23:16:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: oh my...
From: Hildur K
Date: 25 Jun 2009 15:05:00
Message: <web.4a43c96f539f2e941952b4cb0@news.povray.org>
John Coppens <joh### [at] johncoppenscom> wrote:

> Is there any chance the power button is stuck mechanically? I'm supposing
> NOT, else after 4 seconds the power would cycle. It would be my first
> suspicion though.

on/off, besides the separate -reset- button does not work either and it should
under any circumstances. And because this happened right after my washing
machine blew a fuse, I suspect there has been a nasty power surge, they are
known to destroy sensitive low voltage circuits on motherboards.

with constant short beeps, unless I switch off the main supply, which by the
way looks to work fine.

I have had problems before, but then I could always turn off and reboot so I
could remove/replace components to find the fault. This is different, it seems

post which usually makes this tiny but characteristic sound when you reboot.

No video, but when I turn main power on, it -immediately without delay- goes to
both lights on front blinking and endless sequence of short beeps. Maybe the
BIOS got wiped out?

> Then, I'd try and replace the power supply entirely - a somewhat tedious
> job with all the connectors.

seem to be the only thing working.

Well, anyway, this is not the end of the world ;-)
thanks for you thoughts on this.

Hildur K.