POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : oh my... : Re: oh my... Server Time
14 May 2024 15:38:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: oh my...
From: John Coppens
Date: 25 Jun 2009 16:08:12
Message: <20090625170810.0bb79715.john@johncoppens.com>
On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 15:04:04 EDT
"Hildur K." <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> Well, anyway, this is not the end of the world ;-)
> thanks for you thoughts on this.

You're welcome.

I just read an article that that error is typical for RAM sticks which
are not working correctly. Specifically, contact problems. They advise to
take them out and re-insert them (personally I used to clean the
connectors with an eraser). Also check if other cards could be loose.

The continuous beeping (and missing video) _is_ indication that the BIOS
can't even find the first section of the RAM it needs to start. Beeping
is also a fair indication the problem is not with your hard disk.

John