POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : Just a suggestion.... Server Time
17 May 2024 06:52:59 EDT (-0400)
   Just a suggestion.... (Message 1 to 10 of 19)
From: 25ct
Subject: Just a suggestion....
Date: 26 Aug 2000 22:59:19
Message: <39a88407@news.povray.org>
Hi,
        I don't know if this has been asked before or not, but is it
possible to run a competition, (Stills), alongside the main IRTC, for
newusers?
   With the current topic being the "Sea", I think that it is hard to
produce a good image that will match some of the experienced guys and girls.
(Especially me, anyway)
So how about a comp for newusers that could be any subject, within the
rules, to run alongside the main competition?
   The only judges for it could be the IRTC Team, and PoV-Ray Team, and
nobody else, or keep it as it is, and everyone votes, and just judge purely
on merit and design.
  To me, this makes sense.  I think that the images could be very
interesting for everybody, and would let the less experienced users have a
decent chance of competition.  Or am I talking proverbials here?  ;o)

   What do you think?

      ~Steve~

Post a reply to this message

>         I don't know if this has been asked before or not, but is it
> possible to run a competition, (Stills), alongside the main IRTC, for
> newusers?

>    What do you think?

What is a newuser and how would you control who enters ?

The honor system ?
(I think there would be too much room for abuse of the system.)

> >         I don't know if this has been asked before or not, but is it
> > possible to run a competition, (Stills), alongside the main IRTC, for
> > newusers?
>

> >    What do you think?
>
> What is a newuser and how would you control who enters ?
>
> The honor system ?
> (I think there would be too much room for abuse of the system.)
>
> --
> Ken Tyler - 1400+ POV-Ray, Graphics, 3D Rendering, and Raytracing Links:

       Yes, good point, Ken. It's a shame really. I think you can see where
I am coming from. It would be nice to have a sort of *amateur* competition.
I guess that I will just have to try harder. ;o)

        Or I could be the only entry, and win! Hehe! (no, I would lose on
technical merit!) :o(

    Thanks for reply,   ~Steve~

Post a reply to this message

On Sun, 27 Aug 2000 04:05:05 +0100, 25ct wrote:
>  Hi,
>        I don't know if this has been asked before or not, but is it
>possible to run a competition, (Stills), alongside the main IRTC, for
>newusers?
>   With the current topic being the "Sea", I think that it is hard to
>produce a good image that will match some of the experienced guys and girls.
>(Especially me, anyway)
>So how about a comp for newusers that could be any subject, within the
>rules, to run alongside the main competition?
>   The only judges for it could be the IRTC Team, and PoV-Ray Team, and
>nobody else, or keep it as it is, and everyone votes, and just judge purely
>on merit and design.
>  To me, this makes sense.  I think that the images could be very
>interesting for everybody, and would let the less experienced users have a
>decent chance of competition.  Or am I talking proverbials here?  ;o)

If you say in your text file that it's your first entry, then judges will
take this into consideration.

By taking part you will gain a lot of experience, the judges will pay
attention to all aspects of your image and will comment giving you
specific and possibly detailed advice.

You've nothing to lose by taking part so have a go.  And good luck.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

  2:27pm  up 5 days, 18:45,  2 users,  load average: 1.00, 1.00, 1.00

Post a reply to this message