POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : Just a suggestion.... : Re: Just a suggestion.... Server Time
1 Jun 2024 09:51:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just a suggestion....
From: 25ct
Date: 27 Aug 2000 07:14:38
Message: <39a8f81e$1@news.povray.org>
news:39A886BE.9E4FCC5C@pacbell.net...

> 25ct wrote:
> >
> >   Hi,
> >         I don't know if this has been asked before or not, but is it
> > possible to run a competition, (Stills), alongside the main IRTC, for
> > newusers?
>

> >    What do you think?
>
> What is a newuser and how would you control who enters ?
>
> The honor system ?
> (I think there would be too much room for abuse of the system.)
>
> --
> Ken Tyler - 1400+ POV-Ray, Graphics, 3D Rendering, and Raytracing Links:

       Yes, good point, Ken. It's a shame really. I think you can see where
I am coming from. It would be nice to have a sort of *amateur* competition.
I guess that I will just have to try harder. ;o)

        Or I could be the only entry, and win! Hehe! (no, I would lose on
technical merit!) :o(

    Thanks for reply,   ~Steve~