POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : Just a suggestion.... : Re: Just a suggestion.... Server Time
1 Jun 2024 10:22:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just a suggestion....
From: Steve
Date: 27 Aug 2000 10:35:36
Message: <slrn8qi82e.k9u.steve@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Sun, 27 Aug 2000 04:05:05 +0100, 25ct wrote:
>  Hi,
>        I don't know if this has been asked before or not, but is it
>possible to run a competition, (Stills), alongside the main IRTC, for
>newusers?
>   With the current topic being the "Sea", I think that it is hard to
>produce a good image that will match some of the experienced guys and girls.
>(Especially me, anyway)
>So how about a comp for newusers that could be any subject, within the
>rules, to run alongside the main competition?
>   The only judges for it could be the IRTC Team, and PoV-Ray Team, and
>nobody else, or keep it as it is, and everyone votes, and just judge purely
>on merit and design.
>  To me, this makes sense.  I think that the images could be very
>interesting for everybody, and would let the less experienced users have a
>decent chance of competition.  Or am I talking proverbials here?  ;o)

If you say in your text file that it's your first entry, then judges will
take this into consideration.

By taking part you will gain a lot of experience, the judges will pay
attention to all aspects of your image and will comment giving you
specific and possibly detailed advice.

You've nothing to lose by taking part so have a go.  And good luck.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

  2:27pm  up 5 days, 18:45,  2 users,  load average: 1.00, 1.00, 1.00