POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Ping-of-life message: 8 days remaining until change of topics, voting question II Server Time
28 Mar 2024 07:15:07 EDT (-0400)
  Ping-of-life message: 8 days remaining until change of topics, voting question II (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Markus Altendorff
Subject: Ping-of-life message: 8 days remaining until change of topics, voting question II
Date: 23 Aug 2007 06:31:06
Message: <46cd61ea@news.povray.org>
Hi, dear readers,

only 8 days to go until "The Black Robe" animation deadline (at
tc-rtc.co.uk ) is upon us.

Alright, with that out of the way, i've dug through the irtc.stills
newsgroup and found some info on the new voting procedure, which i'd
like to ask St. to confirm...

Is the following correct?

a) Uploads are possible until the deadline
b) Voting is possible until the deadline, AND for a week thereafter
c) Only those that entered can vote
d) Commenting is not (yet) automated

[e) Are these in the FAQs already, and i've been too daft to find?]

-Markus

--

Current occupation: Keyframing, previewing, cussing, keyframing...

WiP Snapshots-of-the-day:
"Crush" goes the wall... (actual video frame)
http://wip.anthrosphinx.de/episode010/20070823_122540_preview.jpg

... and in case anyone was wondering how/if i'd introduce any of my
regular characters into my "The Black Robe" story... :)
http://wip.anthrosphinx.de/episode010/20070821_204401_snap_74640.jpg

Post a reply to this message

"Markus Altendorff" <maa### [at] panoramasde> wrote in message
> Hi, dear readers,

     Heh...    :o)

> only 8 days to go until "The Black Robe" animation deadline (at
> tc-rtc.co.uk ) is upon us.

    OMG... really? (SELF: No, not really, it's 6 days to go as of typing
this..!)

     normal{eek 1 scale 1}}

       ;)

> Alright, with that out of the way, i've dug through the irtc.stills
> newsgroup and found some info on the new voting procedure, which i'd like
> to ask St. to confirm...

     Hmm.. ok...

> Is the following correct?

      Let's see now... <taps fingers>

> a) Uploads are possible until the deadline

        Yes, although, I don't know what would happen if someone uploaded an
image or animation let's say, 1 minute before the deadline. I'll look into
this.

> b) Voting is possible until the deadline, AND for a week thereafter

          I've got a feeling I may have said that as an idea here somewhere,
but as yet, I don't think it's implimented.

> c) Only those that entered can vote

         No, as far as I know, other members can vote too, even though they
didn't enter. I'll check that too.

> d) Commenting is not (yet) automated

        Should be, seems to be working ok from what I've seen.

> [e) Are these in the FAQs already, and i've been too daft to find?]

   Dang. Now you've found the dent in my armour... :o)

     The FAQS are due to be updated soon Markus, no, you're not "too daft".
:)

> -Markus
>
> --
>
> Current occupation: Keyframing, previewing, cussing, keyframing...
>
> WiP Snapshots-of-the-day:
> "Crush" goes the wall... (actual video frame)
> http://wip.anthrosphinx.de/episode010/20070823_122540_preview.jpg
>
> ... and in case anyone was wondering how/if i'd introduce any of my
> regular characters into my "The Black Robe" story... :)
> http://wip.anthrosphinx.de/episode010/20070821_204401_snap_74640.jpg

        Heck, they're good! It's working for me.   :o)

         ~Steve~

Post a reply to this message