POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Ping-of-life message: 8 days remaining until change of topics, voting question II : Re: Ping-of-life message: 8 days remaining until change of topics, voting question II Server Time
19 Apr 2024 12:50:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ping-of-life message: 8 days remaining until change of topics, voting question II
From: St
Date: 25 Aug 2007 14:57:18
Message: <46d07b8e$1@news.povray.org>
"Markus Altendorff" <maa### [at] panoramasde> wrote in message
> Hi, dear readers,

     Heh...    :o)

> only 8 days to go until "The Black Robe" animation deadline (at
> tc-rtc.co.uk ) is upon us.

    OMG... really? (SELF: No, not really, it's 6 days to go as of typing
this..!)

     normal{eek 1 scale 1}}

       ;)

> Alright, with that out of the way, i've dug through the irtc.stills
> newsgroup and found some info on the new voting procedure, which i'd like
> to ask St. to confirm...

     Hmm.. ok...

> Is the following correct?

      Let's see now... <taps fingers>

> a) Uploads are possible until the deadline

        Yes, although, I don't know what would happen if someone uploaded an
image or animation let's say, 1 minute before the deadline. I'll look into
this.

> b) Voting is possible until the deadline, AND for a week thereafter

          I've got a feeling I may have said that as an idea here somewhere,
but as yet, I don't think it's implimented.

> c) Only those that entered can vote

         No, as far as I know, other members can vote too, even though they
didn't enter. I'll check that too.

> d) Commenting is not (yet) automated

        Should be, seems to be working ok from what I've seen.

> [e) Are these in the FAQs already, and i've been too daft to find?]

   Dang. Now you've found the dent in my armour... :o)

     The FAQS are due to be updated soon Markus, no, you're not "too daft".
:)

> -Markus
>
> --
>
> Current occupation: Keyframing, previewing, cussing, keyframing...
>
> WiP Snapshots-of-the-day:
> "Crush" goes the wall... (actual video frame)
> http://wip.anthrosphinx.de/episode010/20070823_122540_preview.jpg
>
> ... and in case anyone was wondering how/if i'd introduce any of my
> regular characters into my "The Black Robe" story... :)
> http://wip.anthrosphinx.de/episode010/20070821_204401_snap_74640.jpg

        Heck, they're good! It's working for me.   :o)

         ~Steve~