POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Ping-of-life message: 8 days remaining until change of topics, voting question II : Re: Ping-of-life message: 8 days remaining until change of topics, voting q= Server Time
19 Apr 2024 01:30:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ping-of-life message: 8 days remaining until change of topics, voting q=
From: Markus Altendorff
Date: 28 Aug 2007 04:27:12
Message: <46d3dc60@news.povray.org>
gregjohn wrote:
> I've picked up blender again, and interested in seeing if I can produce
> something with it.

Good luck! I'm eager to see the results!
I've tried Blender (in fact, i download a new version every now and
then), but i'm already so settled in my "Cinema4D" ways that i'm finding
it hard to adjust to the entirely different user interface of Blender.

> Also just now I came up with a wonderful idea for an animation in povray:
> I'm hoping my new idea will somehow mesh with the randomly chosen new
> topic.

"Wherever there's a will, there's a way" ;)
Another video to look forward to! We're slowly making inroads in terms
of participation. I've mentioned the tc-rtc over at the Cinema4d forum,
because there are a few other hobbyists that seemed interested to join,
too. I think such a fun, collaborative, hobbyist arena isn't represented
enough on the web (yet). Most of the 3D video websites i find or am
pointed to by friends seem to be of the "pro-for-hire" or
"woowee-i've-graduated-from-moviemaking-university" kind ;) (at least
that's what it looks to me, maybe i'm using google wrong)... excellent
works, of course, but not everyone has a chance to work in a team of
three or four people full time for half a year with 12-hour-days on a
sixty seconds masterpiece... (besides, most of the time, i just don't
"get" those stories...) ;)

In a way, 3D is my substitue for tinkering with model railways ;)

-M
--
"Black Robe" video now in the home stretch... no more time for WiPs now.