POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : to those that understand Server Time
19 Apr 2024 08:27:07 EDT (-0400)
  to those that understand (Message 4 to 13 of 13)
From: i need a unique name
Subject: Re: to those that understand
Date: 1 Mar 2007 05:30:01
Message: <web.45e6aac1b94db359ac77a5930@news.povray.org>
>>> whats wrong with the human body <<<

Yeah point taken - though I think in Western society nudity to the level of
explicit genetailia is a bit more controversial than naked breasts.
Actually to be honest I think the temperature of Hades would be a degree or
two higher if I released an animation with an explicit vagina than the
penis.... anyway this post is as far as I fear to push the boundaries of
respectability :-) - my main distress was the workflow aspect of poser.

Yup I've recently started trying blender and other gui modellers (like 4
weeks ago) and already my admiration for anyone that can do modelling with
a point and click modeller has jumped by a few orders of magnitude.

I get the impression, from the special features section of DVD's, that the
animation houses don't model using point and click stuff - well at least
the initial models most of which appear to be scanned in. I'm not knocking
them I'm just wondering what the right approach for an amateur is.

Post a reply to this message