POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : to those that understand : Re: to those that understand Server Time
25 Apr 2024 00:37:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: to those that understand
From: Stephen
Date: 3 Mar 2007 07:14:04
Message: <cjpiu2he6ght6e7miijhh1b7rei9rm8oo5@4ax.com>
On Thu,  1 Mar 2007 18:52:20 EST, "i_need_a_unique_name"
<ine### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

>I feel a bit guilty buying in a model but in this day and age,

I know what you mean but not everyone is altruistic and some people what to earn
some cash from their hard work.

>with fast
>hardware and cheap/free software to me the IRTC animation competition is
>about being able to tell as story with the level of skill one has.

I mostly agree with you about the IRTC being a place to show off your own work
but I can see the argument that says if you can buy a professional modeller and
renderer you should be allowed to use it combined with your skill and artistic
talent to enter. After all it's not the Internet Pov-Ray Tracing Competition :-)

Regards
	Stephen