POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Advice re: MainActor Server Time
16 May 2024 07:43:56 EDT (-0400)
  Advice re: MainActor (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: Advice re: MainActor
Date: 16 Jan 2000 08:14:28
Message: <3881c434@news.povray.org>
I am using MainActor to compile my images into an animation. I had to
try to submit (THE SAME!!) entry about 7 times before it would be
accepted by IRTC.

My entry was being rejected for failing the "mpeg_stat -verify -quiet"
test.  Using little but intuition, I changed some settings in MainActor
to eliminate all audio data from the file.  This recompiled animation
worked.

Just some advice for anyone who has trouble getting IRTC to accept
MainActor-compiled animations.......

Post a reply to this message

> I am using MainActor to compile my images into an animation. I had to
> try to submit (THE SAME!!) entry about 7 times before it would be
> accepted by IRTC.
>
> My entry was being rejected for failing the "mpeg_stat -verify -quiet"
> test.  Using little but intuition, I changed some settings in
> MainActor to eliminate all audio data from the file.  This recompiled
> animation worked.
>
> Just some advice for anyone who has trouble getting IRTC to accept
> MainActor-compiled animations.......

Some kind soul who meant well sent me his copy of MainActor; after
using it a few times on the last round of the IRTC, I noticed
artifacting that wasn't present in the output of CMPEG (ie, CMPEG was
producing better-quality work).  I went back to using CMPEG.

Regards,
John
--
ICQ: 46085459