POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Advice re: MainActor : Re: Advice re: MainActor Server Time
1 Jun 2024 00:23:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Advice re: MainActor
From: Nieminen Juha
Date: 17 Jan 2000 07:19:31
Message: <388308d3@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle <van### [at] erolscom> wrote:
: Some kind soul who meant well sent me his copy of MainActor; after
: using it a few times on the last round of the IRTC, I noticed
: artifacting that wasn't present in the output of CMPEG (ie, CMPEG was
: producing better-quality work).  I went back to using CMPEG.

  I think that the amount of artifacts depends on the quality setting of the
frames, the type of the frames (I, P or B) and the amount and ordering of them.
This also affects file size.
  Cmpeg is very good because you can easyly change these things.
  With the default settings of cmpeg (IBBPBBPBB or something like that), my
entry was too big (about 6 Megs). I tried lots of settings until I found
one that gave me lots of compression without too many artifacts (the frames
were in the order IBPBPBPBPBPBPBPBPB if I remember right).