POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Crash while rendering image_map animation due to memory problems Server Time
26 Jun 2024 03:42:57 EDT (-0400)
  Crash while rendering image_map animation due to memory problems (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Erhard Ducke
Subject: Crash while rendering image_map animation due to memory problems
Date: 30 Nov 2003 06:47:20
Message: <i6ljsvs9er67ue7jr8hgeetojnci1mqnp8@4ax.com>
Hi!
Rendering a scene with an image_map wrapped around a sphere (2048x1024
pixels) I always get a crash on my Athlon 2 GHz+/XP system after about
100-150 frames. The scene renders single bmp frames.
The problem begins with extreme duration of the parsing process. The scene
is normally parsed in 1-2 seconds, later the process takes about a minute
or so. Later povray stops saying 'can't allocate xx bytes to abc.jpg (the
image_map file).
Yesterday I lifted my memory from 256 to 768 MB but the crash remains..:-(
Is there a known bug in 3.5?
In my opinion memory situation should be the same after one and after 10k
frames or does POV cumulate any data in memory while rendering an
animation? Or is this a WnXP issue?
--
Erhard Ducke

Post a reply to this message

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 12:48:04 +0100, Erhard Ducke <duc### [at] gentlemansclubde>
wrote:
> Rendering a scene with an image_map wrapped around a sphere (2048x1024
> pixels) I always get a crash on my Athlon 2 GHz+/XP system after about
> 100-150 frames. The scene renders single bmp frames.

I've recently rewritten BMP handling, would you like to deliver minimal scene,
settings and image_maps to me for test (preffered via downloadable zip)?
Thanks in advance.

ABX

Post a reply to this message