POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Crash while rendering image_map animation due to memory problems : Re: Crash while rendering image_map animation due to memory problems Server Time
28 Sep 2024 18:11:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crash while rendering image_map animation due to memory problems
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 6 Dec 2003 20:14:56
Message: <3fd27f10@news.povray.org>

news:i6ljsvs9er67ue7jr8hgeetojnci1mqnp8@4ax.com...
> In my opinion memory situation should be the same after one and after 10k
> frames or does POV cumulate any data in memory while rendering an
> animation? Or is this a WnXP issue?

A problem of that sort was uncovered recently (see thread "crash after 63
frames" in p.unofficial.patches at the beginning of November), though it
seems to be related to image_pattern and pigment_pattern using an image_map
but not to using image_map directly. This particular issue will be fixed in
the next release.

However, I sometimes have a memory problem with repeat renders of files
containing direct image_map statements (particularly with large maps), but I
have not been able to replicate it so far.

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com