POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Crash while rendering image_map animation due to memory problems : Crash while rendering image_map animation due to memory problems Server Time
28 Sep 2024 18:10:46 EDT (-0400)
  Crash while rendering image_map animation due to memory problems
From: Erhard Ducke
Date: 30 Nov 2003 06:47:20
Message: <i6ljsvs9er67ue7jr8hgeetojnci1mqnp8@4ax.com>
Hi!
Rendering a scene with an image_map wrapped around a sphere (2048x1024
pixels) I always get a crash on my Athlon 2 GHz+/XP system after about
100-150 frames. The scene renders single bmp frames.
The problem begins with extreme duration of the parsing process. The scene
is normally parsed in 1-2 seconds, later the process takes about a minute
or so. Later povray stops saying 'can't allocate xx bytes to abc.jpg (the
image_map file).
Yesterday I lifted my memory from 256 to 768 MB but the crash remains..:-(
Is there a known bug in 3.5?
In my opinion memory situation should be the same after one and after 10k
frames or does POV cumulate any data in memory while rendering an
animation? Or is this a WnXP issue?
--
Erhard Ducke