POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Weird problem Server Time
2 May 2024 12:28:42 EDT (-0400)
  Weird problem (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Maxime Marrow
Subject: Weird problem
Date: 12 Feb 2008 18:19:51
Message: <47b22997@news.povray.org>

some programs (VMware Server v1.0.4 build-56528 and DOSBox v0.72 are two
such programs). After I close POV-Ray the problem disappear.

For example VMware shows the following message when I try to switch to
fullscreen:

I installed Debugging Tools for Windows and tried to debug pvengine.exe.
The problem appears after POV-Ray loads xpsp2res.dll (after the call to

enough debugging skills and knowledge to pinpoint the problem further by
this way.

Is there some way to pinpoint or solve the problem?
This problem exists from years... Maybe other programs can cause it
also, but for now I'm aware only of POV-Ray.

I use Windows 2003 SP2 on 32 bit machine with 1GB RAM. I updated my

restart for 1-2 months) and this is the only problem.

Thank you in advance,
Maxime

Post a reply to this message