POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Weird problem : Re: Weird problem Server Time
17 May 2024 04:04:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Weird problem
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 18 Feb 2008 13:48:31
Message: <47b9d2ff$1@news.povray.org>
"Chris Cason" <del### [at] deletethistoopovrayorg> wrote in
message news:47b9594d$1@news.povray.org...
> Bob Hughes wrote:
>> Seems a rare thing to hear about such graphics card problems where POV is
>> concerned.
>
> Which is as it should be - POV-Ray doesn't do anything special with
> graphics at all. It's just an ordinary Windows app from the point of view
> of Windows. No directx, no framebuffer access, nothing like that.

Good to know, thanks Chris. I had wondered before if something special was
needed for any of its integral parts (toolbar, render window, editor) to
display properly. I expected the worst when I got Vista, but that's all user
access security trouble not display stuff.
--
/*bob hughes*/