POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Weird problem : Re: Weird problem Server Time
19 May 2024 05:53:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Weird problem
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 17 Feb 2008 03:58:12
Message: <47b7f724$1@news.povray.org>
"Maxime Marrow" <mma### [at] gmailcom> wrote in message
> Maxime Marrow wrote:
>> omniverse wrote:
>>> Hi Maxime.
>>> Have you tried changing Compatibility options? Right-click the program
>>> then
>>> select Properties, finally Compatibility tab. You could try setting to
>>> XP,
>>> and/or try Disable Themes.
>>
>> Thanks for the suggestion. I started POV-Ray in compatibility mode for
>> Windows XP. I was able to switch VMWware virtual machine in fullscreen,

>> Next, I started POV-Ray without using compatibility mode and tested
>> DirectDraw from DirectX Diagnostic Tool (dxdiag). It passed the test.
>> Then I maximized POV-Ray and ran the test again. This time it failed:
>>

>> I started POV-Ray again and after that I was able to start DOS-Box in

>> tried to run DOS-Box again but it refused to switch to fullscreen.
>>
>> The video card is ATI Radeon 9600 and it seems to work fine.
>
> In addition to this I found that if POV-Ray is started with compatibility

> then there is no problem to switch other programs to fullscreen, even if
> the POV-Ray window is maximized.

Are you leaving the display color setting at 16 bit instead of 24 or 32?

I had used a Radeon 9000 (not 9600) set to 16 bit color without problems,
something might be different for you.
I couldn't guess if it's the video driver or POV causing the trouble, but if
you are sure the video driver is up-to-date that would be about all you can
do for it.

Seems a rare thing to hear about such graphics card problems where POV is
concerned.
--
/*bob hughes*/