POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Installation problem Server Time
28 Jun 2024 22:25:24 EDT (-0400)
  Installation problem (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Eugene Lazutkin
Subject: Installation problem
Date: 5 Jun 2003 00:02:07
Message: <3edec0bf$1@news.povray.org>
Hello,

When I install POV-Ray 3.5 I get following message:
===========================
Required Component Missing

POV-Ray for Windows requires at least version 4.72 of the Common Control DLL
'comctl32.dll'. This has not been detected on your system.

This file can be obtained from Microsoft. It typically comes as part of
Internet Explorer v4 or later. It can also be obtained as a stand-alone
installation.

It was the latest MS OS: Windows Server 2003. It has the latest browser and
the latest IE. Obviously it has the latest comctl32.dll. It is based on XP
and I was able to run all Windows apps without any problems.

Is there any way to bypass "required component" check?

Thanks,

Eugene

Post a reply to this message