POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Installation problem : Re: Installation problem Server Time
1 Jul 2024 02:00:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Installation problem
From: Eugene Lazutkin
Date: 5 Jun 2003 11:07:48
Message: <3edf5cc4$1@news.povray.org>
Inline.

"ABX" <abx### [at] abxartpl> wrote in message
> On Wed, 4 Jun 2003 23:02:06 -0500, "Eugene Lazutkin"
<eug### [at] usanet>
> wrote:
> > It was the latest MS OS: Windows Server 2003. It has the latest browser
and
> > the latest IE. Obviously it has the latest comctl32.dll. It is based on
XP
> > and I was able to run all Windows apps without any problems.
>
> Are you sure you did not installed any outdated application before, such
that
> could overwrite comctl32.dll with older version without version
comparison?

I am sure. Windows Server 2003 protects system files. Just to be extra sure
I checked version of comctl32 manually. It is 5.82.3763.0.

> Are you sure comctl32.dll is located on path? Or older is located on path
as

Yes. First directory in my path is D:\WINDOWS\system32. That is exactly
where comctl32.dll is located. Yep, version 5.82.3763.0.

> well but at the place where it is founded quicker? Try copy newest version
of

No. I don't know what exactly is "place where it is found quicker" but first
directory of my path is system32.

> comctl32.dll into folder where POV installer is located. Helped ?

I tried this suggestion hoping for some voodoo magic, but no, unfortunately
it didn't help.

> ABX

Thanks,

Eugene