POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Installation problem : Re: Installation problem Server Time
1 Jul 2024 02:11:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Installation problem
From: Eugene Lazutkin
Date: 7 Jun 2003 03:22:45
Message: <3ee192c5@news.povray.org>
Problem solved in rather unconventional way: I installed POV-Ray on Win2k
computer, archived the whole directory from "Program Files", archived
HKLM\Software\POV-Ray and HKCU\\Software\POV-Ray registry keys, and
unarchived it on my Windows Server 2003 computer. A lot of hassle but I am
back in business.

BTW, does anybody know why Wise Installer was used? There are good free open
source alternatives. I personally prefer NSIS
(http://www.nullsoft.com/free/nsis/) --- simple, flexible, fully
scriptable --- anybody can go and fix installation script.

Eugene

"Eugene Lazutkin (318900)" <eug### [at] usanet> wrote in message
> I was unsuccessful as well --- Wise KB, Google --- no luck. :-( Most
> probably it is not related to Wise per se. Maybe it is wrong comparison
> operation somewhere in installation scripts... Is there .zip version of
> distribution module like we used to have in good old times?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Eugene
>
> "ABX" <abx### [at] abxartpl> wrote in message
> > On Thu, 5 Jun 2003 10:07:47 -0500, "Eugene Lazutkin"
> <eug### [at] usanet>
> > wrote:
> > > I tried this suggestion hoping for some voodoo magic, but no,
> unfortunately
> > > it didn't help.
> >
> > I looked at Wise knowledge base but could not find anything specific.
Also